Friday, November 13, 2015

Hydrate Lab


Lab
We took a hydrate compound and drove the water off by heating it with a Bunsen burner. The lab itself was pretty easy and I understood the purpose and the lesson of it. The only thing I found to be a little difficult was the pre-lab. I got the procedure question so I found it to be easy. I calculated the math question for the practice and got the correct answer, but I didn't fully understand every single step which is what I found tricky. Overall the lab/pre-lab were pretty easy, but I feel like the test will be much more complicated. I see quite a bit of studying in my future.
Driving off water & hydrated crystal

3 comments:

  1. It was a pleasure being your lab partner. Its a hard knock life having to baby Fossil through the process but it helped me understand it better honestly! Looking forward to the next experiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also had little trouble with the lab, and I found the pre-lab to be a little difficult; however, I completely disagree with everything Matt said. If anything, we were the ones carrying the team. He barely passed the pre-lab.Other than Matt's tomfoolery, I enjoyed working with the both of you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You had a great description of the lab, Ben. Also, the pictures are very informative and relate to the lab really well!

    ReplyDelete