Friday, November 13, 2015

Chloride Lab


Chloride
We mixed hydrochloric acid with zinc and measured the results. We calculated the ratio of the 2 element. We drove off the chlorine gas from the mixture with a heat plate. That left zinc chloride behind. I found the lab to pretty easy and entertaining except for the fact that the chlorine gas smelled terrible. The pre-lab I didn't expect to do good on and I apparently pulled through and passed it. This just shows how much I am going to have to study for the test over chemical composition.
Before Heating
After Heating

3 comments:

  1. It was a fun lab! Beautiful rundown on what happened throughout. I like the photos of the compound as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt the same way going into the pre-lab. I did not think I was going to pass at all, but after trying to figure out the practice problems the night before, I was able to finally understand the process and ace the pre-lab. Also, I too liked your pictures and your overview of the lab. It would be very helpful for someone to understand the general process we went through to make the product.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Read all the amazing and beneficial blogs from netrockdeals to know the tips and tricks to be a smart shopper and save your money while shopping from top brands.
    netrockdeals
    makemytrip offers
    amazon prime video
    amazon prime
    flipkart upcoming sale
    flipkart upcoming sale
    amazon audible
    amazon prime membership

    ReplyDelete